Thought I would get this one out before the thunderstorm arrives, really dark clounds out there. This post is not about that it’s about a few of my favorite things.
Wallpapers and Images– I have tons of these on my list but thought I would highlight these three
- Smashing Magazine– this whole site is amazing and they have been running a wallpaper section for a while.
- Iconfinder.com– my go to place for icons to use in webesign or my desktop dock.
- QGIS– We’re an ESRI shop of sorts but I’ll use any piece of GIS software to do what I need and QGIS is very useful (could not have completed the Census project with out it). Madeira the latest version is worth more than a download
- Arcv2CAD– the quickest way to export GIS data to CAD (even maintains attributes) for under $150
- Microsoft Wireless Mouse 4000 series- the most comfortable mouse I’ve ever used. I wish they would bring back the studio series
- Apple magic keyboard– I can’t get used to the mouse and thought I would need to get a full size keyboard until I started getting used to this mini keyboard… I can type on it for hours and not have any issues. The MS sculpt ergonomic keyboard is my favoite at work.
- Razer Core X – still drooling… ultraboost your laptop, Macbook, desktop…
Wearables/Assessories– I like comfy clothing, shoes, bags, and supporting organizations that give back to those in need when I can.
- Toms– for everything you buy they give to a person in need, I have a couple items from them the latest being the clare v leopard this and this as always they are good looking and comfortable.
- Old Navy– I usually don’t like to promote major brands but I really like their t-shirts and they always seem to have a sale going on.
- Everlane– they make some great quality stuff , I really like the bags.
- Combat Flip Flops– another one of those organizations that give back to those in need with your purchase check out their Ted Talk
- Uggs– Had no idea what the big deal about these otherwise ugly shoes were until I tried a pair.
Food Items– I’m quite the foodie and cook at home a lot so no favorite list would be complete without some food items.
- Home Free Treats – these are the only cookies I can eat and enjoy, gluten free, nut free, egg free, not too sweet and tastes good, this one is becomming my favorite.
- Little Northen Bakehouse Gluten free, egg free bread- the seeds and grain loaf taste a lot like the multi-grain bread I used to eat sans the gluten.
- Greens Gluten free beer– I have a glass of this on special occasions taste similar to Guiness extra stout, for lighter beers the Glutenberg collection hits the spot.
Books– Ever since I got a kindle a few years back I’ve been reading loads of books… below is a list of some of the ones I’ve read over the winter/spring
- The Tainted Accords– A 4 book series by Kelly St. Claire- To say I enjoyed this series is an understatement, it started off slow but ended up being quite the drama. Claire fan recently the After Trilogy is also a good read.
- The Girl Who Dared to Think Series by Bella Frost- I read this after reading the Gender Game Series both good reads.
- The New Earth Series by Matthew Matter- after reading Cyberstorm I wanted to read more Matthew Matter and came across this series of books my what an ending.
- The Cloud by Ray Hammond- Aliens, AI and the end of the world as we know it this was quite the read.
- Extinction Code by James D. Prescott they should turn this one into a movie.